Eight Spokane Valley residents have submitted applications to fill an interim vacancy on the City Council that resulted from the recent passing of Councilmember Bob McCaslin.
Applications for the opening in position #5 were received from:
- John R. Baldwin, a retired security officer
- Michael T. Godek, a director for a home care agency
- Charles “Chuck” E. Hafner, a retired assistant school superintendent
- Dee Dee A. Loberg, a homemaker/community activist
- Charles S. Neill, a materials coordinator
- Ben T. Wick, an information technology system administrator
- Jennie L. Willardson, a customer service representative
- Samuel P. Wood, a real estate appraiser
At the Tuesday, April 26th Council meeting, Council members will select the applicants to be interviewed. Interviews will be conducted in an open Council meeting on Tuesday, May 10. Council members anticipate making their appointment to fill the position at the Council meeting on Tuesday, May 17.